The pool manager and the lifeguards have sole authority to enforce all rules and regulations for the safety and general welfare of the membership. Pool and facility use will be suspended for any person who does not follow the instructions of the pool manager or the lifeguards.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult
- Dangerous horseplay will not be tolerated
- Glass containers are not allowed in the pool area
- The lifeguards are not responsible for children left unattended in the baby pool
- Only one person may be on the diving board at a time
- Hard balls (tennis balls, baseballs, golf balls, etc.) are not allowed in the pool
- Proper swimming attire must be worn in the pool at all times
- Water guns are not allowed anywhere in the fenced area
- Floats are not allowed in the pool when a large number of people are swimming
- Food or beverages are not allowed in the pool at any time
- Members may bring guests to the pool. They must either provide a guest pass or pay $1 for each guest.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member at all times. Members may not leave their guests at the pool.
- Guests must abide by all WHAC rules and policies.
- Parties or meetings must be approved by the General Manager and the party fee must be paid in advance.
- Any individual who destroys or vandalizes any property of the Western Hills Athletic Club (WHAC) or the property of another individual while on WHAC premises may be subject to the following actions:
- A member shall pay to repair or replace any property damaged by the Member, someone in the Member’s family, or a guest of the Member.
- At the discretion of the Board of Directors or the General Manager, the Western Hills Athletic Club may contact the Rollingwood Police Department and make a report of the incident.
- At its discretion, the Board of Directors may revoke the membership rights of any Member for an act of vandalism.
Alcoholic Beverage Policy
- There are to be no drinks any kind in the pool at any time.
- There will be no under age drinking on club premises. Anyone consuming alcoholic beverages must be of legal age to drink and be able to prove it. Parents of members or guests shall not allow drinking by under age children while at the pool. Upon request of staff, any member or guest of a member must provide acceptable proof of age or cease consumption of alcohol. If they do not, staff will request that they leave the premises immediately.
- Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages on club premises is prohibited. Any club member or guest may be asked to leave by a member of the staff if in its sole discretion believes that the member is in violation of this policy. If a member refuses such a request by the staff, the Rollingwood Police will be summoned and they will remove the person(s) in question.
Lap Swimming Guidelines
- Start on a 10-15 second interval
- The faster swimmer should start first
- Always swim on the right side of the lane
- If you need to pass, tap the swimmer on the foot and pass down the center of the lane
- If you need help in your lane, please ask the coach or a lifeguard